Alma Road Presbyterian Church

Written by
First church ca.1863-1885 First church ca.1863-1885 75th Anniversary Souvenir Book, SKHS collection

View ca1930-cSecond church from Barkly St. ca1930, CPP CollectionIn 1930 the Presbyterian Church Alma Road celebrated its 75th anniversary by publishing a short history of the parish.

CoverpdfJubilee history  (2.87 MB)

 

FirstChurchFirst church ca. 1860-65, SLV image #H2013.290/29The first church was designed by the architect Alfred Louis SMITH (ca.1831-1907) and opened on 5 June 1860. The contractor was Bayne & Co. who completed the work in 6 months.

The St Kilda Historical Society respectfully acknowledges:


Yalukut Weelam clan

The traditional lands of the Yalukut Weelam clan and the continuing relationship of the Boon Worrung people to our local area

City of Port Phillip

The continuing support of the City of Port Phillip

Volunteers

The contribution made by past and present volunteers

© 2018 St Kilda Historical Society Inc. ABNº 25 188 646 275. All Rights Reserved.