JunctionOval.jpg
Alma Road

Alma Road

Named after the Battle of the Alma (20 September 1854), usually considered as the first battle of the Crimean War (1853–1856), which took place just south of the River Alma in the Crimea. An Anglo-French force under General St. Arnaud and Lord Raglan defeated General Menshikov's Russian army, which lost around 6,000 troops.

TIP: To see all the entries you must be a registered account holder and be logged in. To create an account, see RH lower panel.

Other Names none Date Built 1851 Architect Samuel Jackson Builder Cost 1st Occupant Octavius Browne, principal of Octavius Browne & Co shipping agents Description Large two story house in the Renaissance Revival style History Other Occupants Matthew Hervey MLC, Edward…
History of house and images will be added here shortly.
Other Names none 1st Owner Samuel Griffiths
History of house and images will be added here shortly. Stay tuned!
History of house and images will be added here shortly. Stay tuned!
Single storey brick villa built pre 1873. Other Names Date Built Owners Architects
This was a single storey, double fronted villa built in 1865 for Sir Archibald Michie, probably as an investment property. Michie lived at Waitara next door on the eastern boundary. The house was designed by the local architects Crouch &…
A large single storey villa built for Archibald Michie in 1854 to the designs of Ohlfsen Bagge architect. Other Names [-1920-] Waitara flats Date Built 1854 Owners Sir Archibald Michie (1813-1899) Architects C H Ohlfsen Bagge (1824c-1908) - 1854 main…
More information will be added soon.  
More information will be added soon. Outline of house, later known as Trecaere, MMBW detail plan 1410, dated June 1900Maps Collection, State Library of Victoria 
Other names: none Date built 1863 Demolished: ca. 1917 Architect: Lloyd Tayler (1830-1900) Builder: not known Cost: not known Owners: Sir Edward Dundas Holroyd (1828-1916) & Lady Holroyd (d.1917) Subdivision: 1915.09.11 - southern section, 1917.09.01 - northern section History: James…
Date built: 1870, November-? Architect: Lloyd Taylor (1830-1900) Builder: unknown 1st Owner: Frederick Christian Lange, -1870-1888 Other Owners/occupiers: William Officer, 1888- History:   Frederick Christian Lange (1832-1888) purchased Crown Allotment 172A sometime between 1864 and 1870. He lived nearby in…

Login Form

Members login to update account details

Membership Application form

© 2018 St Kilda Historical Society Inc. ABNº 25 188 646 275. All Rights Reserved.