Churches

Churches (4)

This subject area provides information of some of the early St Kilda churches.

TIP: To see all the items you need to be a member of SKHS, have a registered account, and be logged in.

First section as built ca 1878 Enlarged church in ca. 1930 The Church was designed by the architect Albert Purchas…
On 23 December 1849 the first Anglican Church service was held in St Kilda at the home of Henry Jennings…
Second church from Barkly St. ca1930, CPP CollectionIn 1930 the Presbyterian Church Alma Road celebrated its 75th anniversary by publishing…
Architect's design with spire (1882)The first church on this site was opened by Bishop Perry on January 29, 1871. It…

The St Kilda Historical Society respectfully acknowledges:


Yalukut Weelam clan

The traditional lands of the Yalukut Weelam clan and the continuing relationship of the Boon Worrung people to our local area

City of Port Phillip

The continuing support of the City of Port Phillip

Volunteers

The contribution made by past and present volunteers

© 2018 St Kilda Historical Society Inc. ABNº 25 188 646 275. All Rights Reserved.