• Vivamus lobortis
  • Ut porttitor urna ut pretium
  • Phasellus convallis tincidunt enim.

Faireleight, 134 Alma Road

Faireleight, May 2017 Faireleight, May 2017 Photograph by Peter Johnson
Other Names Clyde School for Girls; Alma House
Date Built Pre-1880
Architect Edward Twentyman
Builder Unknown
Owners Isabel Henderson
Description Unknown
History This site was founded by Alice and Florence Chambers in 1877. They named it Faireleight Ladies College. It was purchased by Isabel Henderson in 1910, and she renamed it Clyde School for Girls. It relocated to Hanging Rock in the 1920s. It is now known as Alma House.
Occupants Faireleight Ladies College; Clyde School for Girls
MMBD Entry 1428 https://aai.app.unimelb.edu.au/apex/f?p=198:5:6821958626791::NO:RP:P5_ID:1428

Reference/s: St Kilda Historical Society. (2013, February). CPP Heritage Recognition Program - Carlisle Ward. St Kilda Times, (212), 9 - 10. Retrieved from https://www.stkildahistory.org.au/news-and-events/newsletters

Melbourne Mansions Database, Miles Lewis. https://aai.app.unimelb.edu.au/apex/f?p=198:5:4295578498208::NO:RP:P5_ID:1428




Compiled by: Peter Johnson (image); Sally Moore (information table)
Last updated: 21.09.20