|Other names||Decomet; Narrama; Oreti Guest House|
|1st Occupants||William and Sarah Webster|
|Description||Corner of Chapel Street and Alma Road. Beautiful garden, five bedrooms, two rooms inside tower, stables, tennis court.|
|History||This property was named Bidura after a sheep station owned by William Webster that was located in NSW near Balranald. It was later also called Narrama (by Helen Brown) after another place under that name also near Balranald.|
|Other Occupants||Dr T. Rowan; Thomas and Helen Brown; Francis Boardman Clapp (of Cobb and Co. and pioneer of Melbourne’s tramway system) and his father-in-law Gilman Goodrich Pierce (approx 1885, when the house was then called Decomet).|
|MMDB Entry||1041 https://aai.app.unimelb.edu.au/apex/f?p=198:5:110232308740660::NO:RP:P5_ID:1041|
The Argus. (1870, January 1). Advertising. Trove.
The Argus. (1873, February 7). Advertising. Trove.
The Australasian. (1885, January 10). Advertising. Trove.
The Australasian. (1889, August 24). Family Notices. Trove.
The Argus. (1898, August 17). Family Notices. Trove.
Compiled by: Peter Johnson (image and table) and Sally Moore (table)
Last updated: 25.08.20