• Vivamus lobortis
  • Ut porttitor urna ut pretium
  • Phasellus convallis tincidunt enim.

Rondebosch, 25 Chapel Street

The Residence of J. sic Bloomington Esqr. The Residence of J. sic Bloomington Esqr. Photo by Donald McDonald, SLV image H87.91/14

Other Names Nil
Date Built 1868
Architect Crouch & Wilson
Builder Unknown
Owners Israel Bloomington
Description Renaissance Revival style
History Built for Israel Bloomington, who was a wealthy boot and shoe importer. He was also a founding member and treasurer of the St Kilda Hebrew Congregation. Rondebosch has since become part of the St Michael’s Grammar School.
Occupants Israel Bloomington
MMDB Entry

6371 https://aai.app.unimelb.edu.au/apex/f?p=198:5:102379392367216::NO:RP:P5_ID:6371

971 https://aai.app.unimelb.edu.au/apex/f?p=198:5:113286397192901::NO:RP:P5_ID:971

Reference/s: St Kilda Historical Society. (2019, April). Still Standing – St Kilda’s Historical Mansions: Rondebosch 25 Chapel Street, St Kilda East. St Kilda Times, (227), 1 - 2. Retrieved from https://stkildahistory.org.au/news-and-events/newsletters


Compiled by: Sally Moore
Last updated: 19.08.20