Named after Major-General Frederick Holt Robe CB (1801 – 4 April 1871) who was the fourth Governor of South Australia, from 25 October 1845 to 2 August 1848.
This house was built for Frederick Michaelis in ca. 1890.
Probably constructed in 1858 to the designs of Crouch & Wilson architects. Later owned by Henry (Money) Miller.
Albert Tucker and Joy Hester once lived here, along with their son, Sweeney Hallam Tucker.