|Address||Lansmere, 59 Alma Road, St Kilda|
|Date Established||8 February 1887|
|Date Closed||December 1913|
Miss Hatchell Brown purchased Lansmere and Sherwood Cottage in late 1886 and established The Priory Girls School. Lansmere had been used as the home of the Alma Road Grammar since 1875. The new girl's school flourished. In 1890 the headmistress's residence, Sherwood Cottage was replaced with a new building designed by Ellerker and Kilburn architects in the Romanesque revival style. The Priory operated successfully from Lansmere until 1913. Following her retirement Brown lived on at 61 Alma Road until her death on 17 June 1933. This house remains but Lansmere has been demolished.
The Society has several book prizes donated by past students in its collection.