• Vivamus lobortis
  • Ut porttitor urna ut pretium
  • Phasellus convallis tincidunt enim.

Acland Street

Named after Sir Thomas Dyke Acland, 10th Baronet (29 March 1787 – 22 July 1871) of Killerton Manor in Devon who was a British politician and land owner. He was the owner of the cruiser yacht Lady of St KIlda from 1834 to1840, after which the area was named during one of the ship's visits to Melbourne in 1842. The yacht was named after his wife Lydia Hoare who was the first English lady to set foot on Atlantic St Kilda in 1812.

 

Inverleith, 12 Acland Street

Inverleith, 12 Acland Street

At the first St Kilda Crown Land sale on 7th December 1842 allotment 13 consisting of 3 acres was sold to the squatter George Sherbrooke Airey (1810-1880).

Read more



Linden, 26 Acland Street

Linden, 26 Acland Street

This site was subdivided off from Crown Allotment 9, purchased by Dr Thomas Black at the first St Kilda Crown Land sale on 1842.12.7.

Read more


Acland House, 41 Acland St

Acland House, 41 Acland St

Site was subdivided from Crown Allotment 5, purchased by Sir James Frederick Palmer (1803-1871)

Read more