• Vivamus lobortis
  • Ut porttitor urna ut pretium
  • Phasellus convallis tincidunt enim.

Acland Street

Named after Sir Thomas Dyke Acland, 10th Baronet (29 March 1787 – 22 July 1871) of Killerton Manor in Devon who was a British politician and land owner. He was the owner of the cruiser yacht Lady of St KIlda from 1834 to1840, after which the area was named during one of the ship's visits to Melbourne in 1842. The yacht was named after his wife Lydia Hoare who was the first English lady to set foot on Atlantic St Kilda in 1812.

 

Inverleith, 12 Acland Street

Inverleith, 12 Acland Street

At the first St Kilda Crown Land sale on 7th December 1842 allotment 13 consisting of 3 acres was sold to the squatter George Sherbrooke Airey (1810-1880).

Read more


Apsley House, 16 Acland Street

Apsley House, 16 Acland Street

It is believed that the original 1840s house is still hiding underneath the existing 1920s exterior.

Read more


Linden, 26 Acland Street

Linden, 26 Acland Street

This site was subdivided off from Crown Allotment 9, purchased by Dr Thomas Black at the first St Kilda Crown Land sale on 1842.12.7.

Read more


Acland House, 41 Acland St

Acland House, 41 Acland St

Site was subdivided from Crown Allotment 5, purchased by Sir James Frederick Palmer (1803-1871)

Read more


Rajpootana, 43 Acland St

Rajpootana, 43 Acland St

An Indian bungalow with large verandah and extensive bay views, Rajpootana was built by William Walker, an Anglo-Indian journalist.

Read more


Halcyon, 53 Acland Street

Halcyon, 53 Acland Street

This mansion was built for Annie Dudgeon, a young widow of a convict. She later married Agar Wynne, who was for a time Victoria's Attorney General.

Read more


Tallageira, 74 Acland Street

Tallageira, 74 Acland Street

Owners of this mansion, built in approximately 1877, included Nairne Guthrie Elder and Michael C Jacobs.

Read more


Colombo Court Flats, 54 Acland Street

Colombo Court Flats, 54 Acland Street

The first church service in St Kilda was held at this site in 1849, when it was the “Ibrickane” mansion.

Read more