This subject area covers the various buildings on the foreshore.
Shelter Pavilion, Shelter Shed, Foreshore Pavilion, Foreshore Tearooms, Stokehouse, Stoke House
The building was destroyed by fire 19 November 1925.
St Kilda Sea Bathing Company, Leggett's Baths, Gymnasium Baths, Hegarty's Baths, Hegarty's Railway Baths
In mid 1884 Frederick Brooke obtained a licence to occupy a section of the beach opposite the end of Cavell Street.
As part of the foreshore improvements ca 1897-1912 the timber lined drain alongside the Brooke's Bros. boat shed was covered with a deck to form a wide pier and breakwater
Text of talk by Bill Garner for the St Kilda Historical Society St Kilda Library 18 June 2017