The St Kilda Triangle site is an area bounded by Jacka Boulevard (on the Bay side), Cavell Street and the Lower Esplanade. This subject area includes short histories of the many buildings and rides that once occupied the site since 1900 and includes the Palais Pictures, Palais Theatre, Palais de Danse, The Swirl, Scooter Boats, Weniger's Steam Riding Gallery etc.
This building was opened on 20 December 1913 as a dance venue.
From the 1880s onwards miniature railways were often installed in amusement parks and fairs around Melbourne as a form of entertainment for young children.
This was a collection of amusements set up for the summer of 1908/9 at the northern end of the Triangle Site and replaced by Weniger's Steam Riding Gallery in 1909.