The Church was designed by the architect Albert Purchas (1825-1909). The contract for the first section was won by Mr R. S. Ekins a a cost of £3,000. Work began in February 1877 and the first stage was completed by October of that year. The church was enlarged in 1880 at a cost of a further £8,700 to finally accommodate 650 persons.
Jubilee Souvenir Book (6.9MB).